PicoScope stops working

Post your .Net discussions here
cmos

PicoScope stops working

Post by cmos »

Hi

I was able to generate the sine wave. However I am running into a second problem. After I get the signal generator going, it takes between 5 to 15 seconds to trip and the unit loses connectivity with the C# software.
I am using Windows 8.1 and operating the unit in USB mode. Unfortunately I do not have a power supply for this unit to verify the problem is power.

Has anybody experience this problem before? I have to mention I am not using the double-headed USB cable as our provided cable was generating current spikes detected by the Windows hardware manager.

Thank you for any assistance,

Cristian

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope stops working

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Cristian,

Are there any error status codes being reported before the device trips?

Which mode of data collection are you using and what is the version of the ps5000a.dll that you are using?

If there is an issue with the dual-headed USB cable, please e-mail support@picotech.com with your contact details and we can send out a new cable to you.

Regards,

cmos

Post by cmos »

Sorry for my late reply.

There is no error per say. However, I do hear a dop in the connection, as for Windows recognizing a new USB device has been plugged in. In the data acqusition side, the software hangs and freezes.

I was able to solve the problem by providing power using a battery pack through the 5V input. This turned out to resolve all our issues we are having in regards to connection dropping even when working with the signal generator. We definitely be acquiring g a couple of double headers.

Thank you for your assistance,

Cristian

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for posting back.

I've seen that you have e-mailed in so my colleagues in the North America office should be in touch.

Regards,