PS4000 SDK & LabView doesn't work

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
jmadsenee

PS4000 SDK & LabView doesn't work

Post by jmadsenee »

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the 32 bit SDK - PicoSDK_32_10.6.20.22.exe. The directory structure is not at all the same as in the video and the PS4000 and PS4000Wrap dlls are not there. The only dlls in the package are in the Matlab\ps4000\win64 folder and end with _thunk_pcwin64 in the names. I have tried to download and install this on two different machines, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows 10.

I found and downloaded the PS4000 and PS4000Wrap dlls, and put them in the resource folder as shown in the video. Still errors. I put them in the same directory as the example VI and still errors.

Even though I opened the PicoScope4000ExampleStreaming.vi, the errors say "Call Library Function Node 'ps3000.dll_ps3000_open_unit@0':Library not found or failed to load." However, when I open the Call Library Function Node pointed to by LabView, the library name or path points to PS4000.dll and the function name is ps4000SetSimpleTrigger-2.

What is going on?? Why didn't the SDK install the dlls? Why is it giving me errors about ps3000?

I'm very frustrated...

John

Hitesh

Re: PS4000 SDK & LabView doesn't work

Post by Hitesh »

Hi John,

The video was produced prior to moving to a new SDK installer last year and might be updated in the future but in the meantime, I will request for a note to be added to the video.

The dlls should be installed in the SDK installation directory's lib folder. This location is added to the Windows PATH environment variable, so you can link to the dlls in this folder if they are not automatically picked up when you load the example.

Which version of LabVIEW are you using and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

The reference to 'ps3000.dll_ps3000_open_unit@0' is likely to be down to the history of the file where an old example for a different driver was used as a basis for this example and can be ignored. The files were saved using a 32-bit LabVIEW. In the Call Function Library Node you will need to select the correct function name e.g. 'ps4000SetSimpleTrigger' instead of 'ps4000SetSimpleTrigger-2'.

If you are using a 64-bit version of LabVIEW, then there is a vi file and associated llb file in the C:\PicoSDK\PS4000\LabVIEW\x64 directory.

If you are still encountering issues, please post screenshots of the errors here.

Regards,

jmadsenee

Post by jmadsenee »

Hi Hitesh,

I got it working now; for some reason wasn't finding the dlls. Your mentioning of the PATH variable led me to look at it, find the correct path, and manually direct labview to it. That fixed it! Thanks so much!

I am still using LabView 32 bit. In the past NI has told me to keep using 32 bit because everything wasn't totally updated... Maybe now it doesn't matter...

John

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi John,

Good to hear that the issue has been resolved :D

Regards,