PSD format with 4 channel scope

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Dave

PSD format with 4 channel scope

Post by Dave »

I am attempting to read *.PSD files from a 3424. What is the file structure? What section type is used? How are the parts arranged? How may bytes in ADC and Time?
Thanks for the help

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

The data within the .psd file is very complex. The best way to read data from a psd file is to use the batch transpose programme embedded within the software.

Instructions can be found in the help files.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

dcamm

Reading PSD files

Post by dcamm »

I would really prefer to read the PSD files directly into my applicataion. Would it be possible to get a format definition?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

We cannot provide this information. You will have to trasnlate the file using the batch transfer method indicated in the manual.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

QEGI

psd Formats

Post by QEGI »

To Technical Support---
What an unacceptable answer! You are on the verge of a good product here, and all I see in your answers is that you cannot help. Publishing a file format is a way to get users to expand your produts markets. How disappointing. :x

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

I am sorry that we have been unable to help you in this, unfortunately there is some information relating to our software that we are unable to release.

If you wish, you can save the files in a different file format by opening them in Picoscope and then resaving them. A text file for example will then be very easy to read in. As Michael has mentioned, there is a batch convert to save time with converting to text. If you save more files in future, you can always save them directly to these other formats instead of (or as well as) psd files.

Best Regards