Picoscope 6402C

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Zaineb
User
User

Picoscope 6402C

Post by Zaineb »

Hi everyone,

I just got a Picoscope (the 6402C) and i am trying to use it with Labview. I've tried running the examples that are given with the drivers but i've come across some problems.
First i can't run the program, a indow appear signaling "error 5003" "Pico not found" but the picoscope is connected and the light is switched on so I dont know what the problem is. Have you got any ideas please?

The second error that occurs is the 5012 "Pico invalid Handle". I dont really know what it means, so i'll be haapy if someone could give me some insights.

Thank you in advance

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 6402C

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zaineb,

Which version of LabVIEW are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

The error code 5003 indicates that a device was not found. Please check that the PicoScope 6 software is not running with a connection to the oscilloscope.

Try another USB port and ensure that the power supply is connected to the PicoScope.

The 'invalid handle' error is caused by calling a function when a device is not connected i.e. a valid handle value has not been passed to the function call.

Regards,

Zaineb
User
User

Post by Zaineb »

Hi!

Thanks for the answers! I get it now. And I'm using the 32-bit version of LabVIEW. :)

If i want to add two other channels, will I have to change the settings in the different functions?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zaineb,

You can add extra channels by adding controls to the relevant ports on the PS6000 Settings sub-vi block in the Block diagram. You will then need to adapt the rest of the example accordingly.

Regards,

Zaineb
User
User

Post by Zaineb »

Hi again,

Thanks for the help. :D

The programm given in the example doesn't allow us to record the data in a file so I thought about using the function "Write in a measurement file". In doing so i discovered that i couldn't record my data in psdata format. Have you got some ideas about what i could do to record my data in a file?

Zaïneb

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Zaïneb,

I would suggest using the necessary LabVIEW functions to write the data to a text or csv file as the PicoScope psdata file format is proprietary.

Regards,

Zaineb
User
User

Post by Zaineb »

Hi again!

I wanted to ask you how i could add a second trigger?

Thank you

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zaineb,

You can set up a logic trigger e.g. trigger when the conditions for channel A AND channel B are met at the same time, or when the condition for channel A OR channel C is true but it is not possible to set up independent triggers for two channels.

What trigger condition are you looking for?

Regards,

Zaineb
User
User

Post by Zaineb »

Hi,

I want to set a trigger if the conditions in A and C are met. So, do I have to use a "Case structure" or just add another "Trigger settings" and use a Boolean "AND"?

Thanks for the help!

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zaineb,

In the PicoScope6000.llb file there is a sub-vi for Advanced Triggering. Place this block in your LabVIEW block diagram after the settings sub-vi and you should be able to configure the trigger as required (add controls to the inputs of this new sub-vi as required).

Hope this helps,

Zaineb
User
User

Post by Zaineb »

I managed to do it!

Thank you very much!