Temperature measurement

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
GHaines
User
User

Temperature measurement

Post by GHaines »

Hello,

I would like to measure two temperatures simultaneously. I have access to a pico ADC-20 and a TC-08 but it is important that I measure the temperature values at the same time as I measure other voltages using the ADC-20. Can I use pico log to record the output from the ADC-20 and the TC-08 at the same time? Can pico log work with inputs from two pico instruments?
The other possibilty is using the AD595 IC with the ADC-20, but how many temperatures can the AD595 measure simultaneously?

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your email.

You can use two different units at the same time in the software and although the readings won't be exactly simultaneous, there will only be a very slight time difference between them. For example the TC-08 takes 100ms to take a reading so with just 2 channels active this is the likely gap between readings.

I am not familiar with the IC that you mention and so cannot advise as to it's capabilities. I would however recommend using multiple converters with our software as this is a very easy and reliable method of collecting multiple readings at the same time.

Best Regards