Any way to uniquely identify a scope and connect to it?

Post your .Net discussions here
davidpruitt
Advanced User
Advanced User

Any way to uniquely identify a scope and connect to it?

Post by davidpruitt »

Is there any way at all (in code) to uniquely identify a scope and connect to it? I will potentially have five Pico 22014A scopes hooked up to my computer, all monitoring different things, and I need to be able to connect to them in such a way that I know which one I am connecting to. Therefore, something like this just doesn't work:

short scopeHandle = Imports.OpenUnit();

Because there is no way to say which unit to connect to. I need a function that accepts some kind of identifier (an int or a string, or anything really) as a parameter.

I found this post on a related topic: topic5143.html

But that post still doesn't address connecting to multiple scopes on a single computer in a uniquely identifiable way.

Any solutions? This is actually kind of a showstopper for us if we can't do this.

Hitesh

Re: Any way to uniquely identify a scope and connect to it?

Post by Hitesh »

Hello David,

The ps2000 driver uses an older driver model so it does not support the ability to use the serial number as a second parameter like the ps2000a driver (used for models such as the PicoScope 2206B) when opening a connection to a device.

What you can do once you have connected to a device is to query the ps2000_get_unit_info using the value of PS2000_BATCH_AND_SERIAL (4) as the value for the line parameter.

You can then check the serial number and proceed based on that information.

I hope this helps.

Regards,