PT-104 on Ubuntu 14.04 USB

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
Luca Minzoni

PT-104 on Ubuntu 14.04 USB

Post by Luca Minzoni »

Good morning,
my name is Luca and i currently have an issue with my PT-104. When connected via USB to my pc, using UBUNTU 14.04, the software usbpt104con doesn't work anymore and i get the error:
GetValue: Status = 0x118

It worked in the previous days and i didn't change anything, but i tried ethernet connections with the device using the ethernet protocol. Thank you for helping, cheers
Luca.

Hitesh

Re: PT-104 on Ubuntu 14.04 USB

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Luca,

The value 0x118 corresponds to PICO_WARNING_REPEAT_VALUE in the PicoStatus.h file.

This means that you might be requesting readings for a channel faster than the conversion time (720 ms per channel). Each channel is read in sequence so you will need to take this into account as well before requesting the next reading from a particular channel i.e. with all 4 channels enabled, it would take just over 2.8 seconds before you can take a reading on channel 1.

The drivers should have been updated recently so please try updating the libusbpt104 package on your PC.

Regards,

Luca Minzoni

Re: PT-104 on Ubuntu 14.04 USB

Post by Luca Minzoni »

Thank you very much for the answer, now it works fine without any change. I suppose the error was due to a problem with my pc, however i will update the package. Best regards,
Luca.