data from Picolog

Forum for discussing PicoLog
xtekian

data from Picolog

Post by xtekian »

Hi I just received my PicoScope 3224 today and I was experimenting with the Picolog recorder program. I noticed that when I recorded something and the graph was displayed, the position of my mouse was recorded on the top left of the graph window as t= and y=.

I am trying to find a way to measure the slope between two points on the graph, but I don't know how to do it without typing the numbers into a calculator. Is there any way I can export the t and y values onto the clipboard? Is there a way to access those vaues through another program? Or is it possible to calculate the slope with Picolog directly? Thanks

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

PicoLogf is designed for data acquisition only. There are no automated measurement functions. You can export the raw data to excel and perform calucations here.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

xtekian

Post by xtekian »

Thanks. I was actually also experimenting with PicoScope, and under the Measurements options you can select "Risetime, Fall time, Rising Rate, and Falling Rate," all of which sound similar to slope. For some reason though, I couldn't get it to work and no data ever displayed. Am I right that they display slope? If so, what kind of requirements are needed for the program to calculate it? Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The measurements that you mention are defined as follows:

Rise time:
The time taken to go from 20% of peak amplitude to 80% of peak amplitude.

Fall time: The time taken to go from 80% of peak amplitude to 20% of peak amplitude.

Rising rate: The slew rate calculated using the two samples either side of the threshold, on a rising edge, expressed as:

Code: Select all

Rising rate = (Vn - Vn-1) / (Tn - Tn-1)
Falling rate: The slew rate for the two samples either side of the threshold, on a falling edge, expressed as:

Code: Select all

Falling rate = (Vn - Vn-1) / (Tn - Tn-1)
Are these the sort of calculations that you require?

Best Regards