Y axis scaling

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Matt

Y axis scaling

Post by Matt »

I'm measuring +/- 0.3V, but when I set the Y axis to anything less than +/- 5V it 'flatlines' at 0V and won't move.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Matt,

Can you help us by telling what instrument you are using and what version of software you have?

Many thanks,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

I've got a ADC-100 connected to my laptopwith picoscope 5.13.9 - 32 bit. It only seems to show results in 0.1V steps.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Can you update your software to version 5.14.4. THis is the latest version available.

Once you have done this, confirm the new version by running the software and selecting Help|About. Check that the version is correct and all the calibration information is available.

Let me know how you get on.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

Cheers for the advice. Have installed latest version but still refuses to measure anything when set at +- 2V or below, and at +- 5V or 10V the scale is too large to be accurate?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Can you try using the ADC100 adapter that came with the unit. Remember to read the help file regarding this.

When you are using this adaptor you will need to tell the computer so that it recognises that it is there. To do this you need to insert the following patch into the win.ini file:

[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes

You should insert the patch on a new line and exactly as written above. When you have done this, save the file and exit. The Picoscope software should now recognise the adaptor and report "Use Adapter" in Help | About. The ADC-100 should also now be functioning normally.

This should help the units reference voltages.

If the problem persists, please contact us again.

best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum