ADC-11 using power basic on an old 486

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Bill Humphrey
User
User

ADC-11 using power basic on an old 486

Post by Bill Humphrey »

I am used to programming in Power Basic and am also used to doing inputs and outputs to/from the parallel printer port. What I would like to know is which port addresses to use to a) select the cahnnel b) start the A/D 3) how long a delay to allow (67 microseconds?) and how to read the ADC output.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your post.

We provide 32bit dll's for driving our equipment. We do not provide any information regarding the parallel port connection information.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Bill Humphrey
User
User

Power Basic

Post by Bill Humphrey »

I don't know what a 32 bit dll is. Surely someone must know the addresses for Mux, Start and Read for the ADC-11? The printer port has addresses &h378, &h379 and &h37A. With another device I write to 379 and read from 378. Could you pass this on to someone invoved in writing the drivers please.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

A 32bit DLL file allows you to access our drivers using the Windows API.

We do not provide information regarding the connections of the parallel interface to our equipment. The access to these connections is through our drivers, again we do not provide this information.

I am sorry we cannot offer you the information you have requested.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Bill Humphrey
User
User

Post by Bill Humphrey »

I have spent $NZ 334.69 for something that is now of no use. Will you buy it back. Reards, Bill H

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Bill,

If you are not satisfied with your product, you can return it within 14 days for a full refund.

If you need to return the unit, you will have to go back to the company you purchased from.

Please let me know if I can be of any help here.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Bill Humphrey
User
User

adc-11 power basic port addresses

Post by Bill Humphrey »

I contacted RS Components (who I purchased it from) and they have a 30 day policy for returns so no hope there. More than 14 days has gone by re Pico, and I still have a unit that I cannot use unless I can learn the port addresses. Any suggestions? Can I return it to you for refund?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

As I said before, we will not disclose the connection information of the paralle output of our products. If you are unhappy with your ADC11, you will be able to return it the distributor you purchased it from. Provided there is no damage or intrusion of the device, this shoud not be a problem.

Please contact us by email at support@picotech.com

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum