MATLAB and ADC-24 Help

Post your MATLAB discussions here
Anthonymc

MATLAB and ADC-24 Help

Post by Anthonymc »

Hello everyone,

I'm a Masters student currently doing my Thesis, and need to use Matlab to interface with the Pico ADC-24 Data Logger that I have access to. The aim is to have Matlab both send commands to my experimental setup (which should be fine), and then record the output data from the Pico machine. The problem is that I have extremely limited coding experience, and am finding it all very confusing. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I am using Windows 10 64bit and Matlab r2016a student edition.

Thank you for your time to read this.

Bilal
Active User
Active User

Re: MATLAB and ADC-24 Help

Post by Bilal »

Hello Anthony,

Could you let me know how far you have got with this so I can see where you require help. I can provide you with an example for our other data loggers which also follow a similar routine.
Bilal Patel
Technical Support Engineer
Pico Technology

Anthonymc

Post by Anthonymc »

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Currently I have not made a lot of progress, just trying to wrap my head around the HRDL files as I have no coding experience with C or C++. I found an example code on these forums here: topic7027.html and although useful, I cannot locate the files that are required for the code to run. As you can see, I'm still a bit lost, so any guidance you can provide would be very beneficial.

Thanks again for reading.

Bilal
Active User
Active User

Post by Bilal »

Hi Anthony,

Please can you email in to support which version of Matlab you are using as I will be looking into producing an example for this device and will be able to provide you with the required files.
Bilal Patel
Pico Technology

Anthonymc

Post by Anthonymc »

Hi Bilal,

Thanks again for your response. I am using both 2015b and 2016a, so either would be fine. I'll send an email to support as well.

Bilal
Active User
Active User

Post by Bilal »

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for contacting us, I believe your request has been resolved through your support ticket. If you require any further assistance, please feel free to let me know.
Bilal Patel
Pico Technology