Accessing the signal generator internally

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
GordoAtTigersoft

Accessing the signal generator internally

Post by GordoAtTigersoft »

I have bought a PicoScope 2204A. I am using java JNI and C to talk to the scope successfully and retrieve data from it. I can also turn on the signal generator and set its values. I can capture data from the signal generator by externally connecting the sig gen output to channel A.

However -What I would like to do is to sample the sig gen internally so I do not have to use a channel to get that data. Is there a way to get the sig gen value synchronised with the channel A and B buffers. In my experiment I am driving something with the sig gen output and sampling two data streams on channels A and B. I would then like to plot A and B against the sig gen value. Is this possible and if so, how should I do it? thanks in advance for any help.

Gordo

Hitesh

Re: Accessing the signal generator internally

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Gordo,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to read the signal generator buffer internally.

You could try using a trigger on channel A or B to provide some sort of reference.

Hope this helps,

GordoAtTigersoft

Re: Accessing the signal generator internally

Post by GordoAtTigersoft »

Thanks Hitesh for the quick reply.

It is disappointing that you can't access the function generator internally, however your idea of using the trigger might work. I'll give it some thought

Regards

Gordo