3rd party software

Which product is right for your exact requirements
toby
User
User

3rd party software

Post by toby »

Hello

On June 2 I received a response to my first post on this forum (June 1, I think) regarding ADC - 11 and software for real time analysis of several varying low frequency signals: values to be saved automatically at intervals to file for continuous operation (ie 6 weeks) and networking to another PC or FTP server.

The answers were very helpful: however, I recently tried to refer back to this on the forum but I have been unable to locate it. I am sure this went under 'Per-sales' but there is no trace. I've also looked under other sections too.

I wanted to look back to what was said about 3rd party software. Is it possible to run another software DSP package with PicoTech products without the need for writing further software?

The package I have in mind is freeware called 'SpectrumLab' by Wolfgang Buscher.

I've been advised that this has all the functions I require and I now need to know whether this might be compatible with ADC - 11 and ADC 212/50, both of which I'm considering at the moment.

I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks

Toby

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Toby,

I am unsure where this post may be but we will help you nevertheless.

Our software will exchange data through DDE with programmes like MS Excel, Word and Access. YOu can also save the data from the software in text format. If you were to communicate directly with the instruments, you would need to write your own interface. We provide 32bit drivers for our hardware for you to write API calls to the available driver functions.

3rd party software can do this to a certain extent. In the case of LabVIEW, this is done by calling a dll library function and declaring all the available variables.

So this may be possible but we have no knowledge of SpectrumLab so cannot comment on its capabilities.

Please let me know what this software is capable of.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

toby
User
User

Post by toby »

Michael

Thanks for your response.

Unfortuunately I'm not able to write software: hence the appeal of a ready-made 3rd party application. I could perhaps arrange for some software interface with the Pico hardware if required.

However, the SpectrumLab specification seems to boast a broad capability to interface with diverse hardware.

I have copied the URL for the system spec here below:

http://people.freenet.de/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

Though I understand you cannot vouch for this software, I'd appreciate your impressions in principle based on the information supplied.

best regards

Renny