Error Spawning c1.exe

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
ibestriker

Error Spawning c1.exe

Post by ibestriker »

I have downloaded and installed some example files from Pico Website but I am facing a problem with the files. File "adc10con.c", "adc10tes.c" or all other visual C++ files are some of the example programs given from the website.

But everytime I compile any of the programs, I received the same error:

Error spawning cl.exe

adc10con.obj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I really need help from an expert or advance as soon as possible. :cry:

Thanks.

sartory

Post by sartory »

I am very NON-expert.

I am also trying to compile some pico example files, & I am also getting a c1.exe error, but it is preceded by a compile error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive.

I hope when an expert arrives he might offer some advice to fix both problems.

Walt

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hi,

Although the files should be compiler independent, this may not always be the case. The programs were written in Borland, so if you want to compile them in other compilers, you may need to make some minor alterations. These will probably be compiler dependent, so you will need to play around with these yourselves.

You will need to be familiar with your compiler enviroment before trying to compile the examples (using lib files etc). So if you are unsure, either read through the compiler documentation, or start with a more simple program of your own design.

If you are using a microsoft compiler, ensure that you have included the adc1032ms.lib (not adc1032.lib) ... also, ensure that you have the correct defines (ie WIN32, WINDOWS or DOS)

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer