Pico freezes while taking data

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
elzaphod

Pico freezes while taking data

Post by elzaphod »

Dear all,

since a few days the picoscope (6404D & 6403C, happened with both of them) freezes while taking data.

I load the pico and trigger settings and go then into a for loop (n = ~[1k, 20m]) where I take data (~400 samples, 800ps timebase, 1 channel) with the block mode. So far I could figure out, after a random number of turns, the Block.vi freezes. The error occurs not every time I take a measurement. It happened that it ran two days in a row without issues, but on the third day it did not work at all. Then on the fourth day everything was fine again.

It is definitely not labview which freezing since I can produce an error by unplugging the picoscope from the computer (64bit win7, 32bit labview and 32bit pico sdk) that the block.vi response with a "pico not found" and the labview error handling stops the loop controlled and my program moves into the idle state.

No matter how I stop the freezing (e.g. by unplugging, force closing labview or something else), I have to unplug the pico from the socket to make it work again.

In this version my labview code works for more than one month without bigger problems. The SDK is the latest version. Unfortunately I am not sure if there was any windows update.

Does somebody else have this issue before?

Cheers,
elzaphod

elzaphod

Re: Pico freezes while taking data

Post by elzaphod »

Supplement:

Basically it means - in my opinion - that the trigger is not firing. I set the 'auto trigger time' and 'trigger delay' both to zero.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Is the blue light on when the unit is in this state ?

What version of the ps6000.dll are you using ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

elzaphod

Post by elzaphod »

Yes, the blue light is on in this state.

The version is 1.4.4.45

As well when I set the 'Trigger Delay' and 'Auto Trigger TIme' to non-zero events. The error occurs...

elzaphod

Post by elzaphod »

Thanks for your help! But the problem was solved by using the SDK 32-bit beta.