Picolog doesn't find 3224 USB Scope

Forum for discussing PicoLog
enirwin
User
User

Picolog doesn't find 3224 USB Scope

Post by enirwin »

I have a 3224 scope and the PicoScope software is working fine. I'm trying to use the PicoLog recorder and I can't get it to recognize the scope.

In the converter details window PicoScope 3000 series is selected. The port option is greyed out but there are no devices in the USB devices area. If I hit the refresh button nothing happens. If I hit status it tells me that no unit has been selected.

I've got release 5.13.9 of the PicoLog software. It's installed on a laptop running Windows XP pro.

Please help.

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Are you using Picolog as the same time as Picoscope? The two pieces of software cannot access the same unit at the same time so if Picoscope is already running the unit will not be available to select again.

The other thing to check is whether the unit is displayed in the device manager. If it is then keep it open while you try to set up Picolog and see if it disappears.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Best Regards

enirwin
User
User

Post by enirwin »

Thank you Sarah. I did have PicoScope open. It showed up right away once I ran PicoLog without PicoScope running.

jhaus003

Re: Picolog doesn't find 3224 USB Scope

Post by jhaus003 »

I'm having the same problem with my PicoScope 2203, but turning off PicoScope 6 doesn't help. PicoLog still says "No unit has been selected," even though the scope is plugged into my USB port, and shows up in the Device Manager (it doesn't disappear when PLW tries to find it).

By the way, I'm running PicoLog R5.20.9, with PicoScope R6.3.43 on Windows 7.

Thanks

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
This is not really in the right topic here. Could you please contact us at help-desk:-
support@picotech.com
Where we should be able to help.
Regards,
PeterF.

bvo

Post by bvo »

Same problem here with the 3406B...

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
The PicoLog program is rather old now and was intended only for data loggers and our early scopes with little memory.
Most of it's functions can be carried out using our current PicoScope6 program. PicoLog is supplied on the CD only because some early scopes are still being sold which can use either program. The 3406B has never been supported in PicoLog.
The only scopes we currently sell that are still supported in PicoLog are:-
2104, 2105, 2204, 2205 & 3425.
The 3224 mentioned at the start of this thread is no longer sold but did work with PicoLog.
Please contact me again if you have any other questions.
Regards,
PeterF.