Two PT-104 USB on a same computer

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
eqiom

Two PT-104 USB on a same computer

Post by eqiom »

Hello

I'm running a computer with Windows Seven 64 bits and Excel 2016. I have 2 PT-104 USB :
On the CQ493/053 I have four temperature measurement device
On the CV669/077 I have two temperature measurement device

With Picolog, I'm able to see the six measurement device
Capture 3.JPG
If I'm trying the MS Excel VBA Example for USB PT-104 (64-bit) USBPT104_x64.xls, when I push the button Get Data:
It seems that the macro is finding only the CQ493/053 device, how I can modify the macro to have the two PT-104 ? and then to have the six channels ?

At first, No Data appear in the cells A2, B2, C2 & D2 and some data appear only in A3 & B3,
Capture 1.JPG
then nothing happen during 1 minutes (more or less) and suddenly all the data appear in the table ? Why the data are not appearing subsequently ?
Capture 2.JPG
This is the file I recorded with executing the macro
USBPT104_x64_EQIOM.xls
Example of USBPT104_x64 run on the computer with the two PT-104 USB
(57 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
Thanks a lot

Hitesh

Re: Two PT-104 USB on a same computer

Post by Hitesh »

Hi eqiom,

The example is designed to collect data for one USB PT-104 device.

If you wish to collect data from two devices, you will need to modify the example accordingly.

Please note that when you call the UsbPt104OpenUnit() function it will return a unique handle value for the device that it opens a connection to. You do have the option to specify the serial number of the device that you wish to connect to.

Once the handle value has been obtained, you can then use this value to call the subsequent functions to setup the devices and collect data. Please also refer to the Programmer's Guide for further information on the functions available from the driver.

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide you with an updated dll to see if it resolves the issue with the delay.

Regards,

eqiom

Post by eqiom »

Hello,

I'm trying to use UsbPt104Enumerate to get the device information, so in the Function Declarations, I wrote:

Code: Select all

Declare PtrSafe Function UsbPt104Enumerate Lib "usbpt104.dll" (ByVal details As String, ByVal length As Integer, ByVal communicationType As Long) As Long
and in the Sub GetData () I had:

status = UsbPt104Enumerate (details, length, CT_USB)
Cells (30, "I").value = str
and Excel is crashing, what is wrong ?
can you give me an example of using UsbPt104Enumerate ?

Thanks a lot

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi eqiom,

The length parameter is defined as a uint32_t (unsigned integer) data type in the header file so you should use a 'Long' data type i.e.

Declare PtrSafe Function UsbPt104Enumerate Lib "usbpt104.dll" (ByVal details As String, ByVal length As Long, ByVal communicationType As Long) As Long
The string details needs to be allocated some memory so try defining it as a String with blank spaces e.g.

details = "          "
length = Len(details)
Your line

Cells (30, "I").value = str
might need to be changed to:

Cells (30, "I").value = details
Regards,

eqiom