How can I save measurements data?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
steve_lewis

Re: How can I save measurements data?

Post by steve_lewis »

Hi
Can you please add me to the list of people who would like to save measurements to a file (csv is fine).
I am using Picoscope software 6.11.10.1540 and a 2205 MSO

I have set up measurement to display the Low Pulse Width after Channel A is triggered by a falling edge. I would like to be able to save those pulse widths to a csv file each time it is triggered, and then analyse them later (in Excel).

Many thanks
Steve

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you post a psdata file, just save the current waveform, then we can try with your settings.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

riko

Post by riko »

Good morning,

I am using a picoscope/software since yesterday and I can tell it is a great little tool!
I would also be very interested to record just the maximum (or the calculated RMS) of each sine wave cycle (which should decrease the csv file significantly as the process works at 100 kHz).
So I have tried to set the measurement type to maximum but it still record everything (full trace).
I have also tried to use the math wizard and created a max(A) function but I don't know how to apply it.

another observation I made is that the generation of a signal (using the signal generator) is very slow compared to the real time. What will be the cause of this discrepancy?

Kind regards

Riko

lab!fyi

Post by lab!fyi »

This may be of some help:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ ... msg1905005

Python script to gather "infinite stats" (by default PS6 is limited by stats over 1000 measurements). This can be easily modified to output CSV since "machine readable" output is already parsed from PicoScope.com /a Measurements.CSV? "human readable" format.
Attachments
PS6_infinite_stats.jpg

herbert.bauer

Post by herbert.bauer »

I tried to retrieve measurements from PS6 using "PicoScope.com /a Measurements.CSV?". The only response I get is NONE. How can I get the measurement values using this command?

JSGordon

Post by JSGordon »

Please add this feature. It's like a much simpler version of deep measure - just a single value needed from each waveform. In my case it would save the purchase of an expensive multichannel analyser (£'000s). I capture pulses from a shaping amplifier connected to a radiation detector. The pulses come at random intervals, and the scope is set up so that there is (usually) one pulse per sweep, usually between rules because I am triggering on the pulse. All I want to record is the maximum or minimum value seen for each sweep. Then I can histogram that data to form a pulse height spectrum. Currently I have to open each waveform in post-processing and search for the maximum to repeat (slowly) what Picoscope does in real time.

I also tried the command line, but like the other people posting did not get any data.
Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image6.jpg
Image5.jpg

JSGordon

Post by JSGordon »

Some progress. To get the measurement data you must run the command console in administrator mode, and the capitalisation has to be correct.

Still not really what I need because the calls to this function would not be synchronised with the triggers.
Attachments
Image7.jpg