ADC100

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
peter_m

ADC100

Post by peter_m »

ahh no, i don't believe i am using an adapter. i have modified the .ini file which moved the signal from -16 to 0. how would i know when to use an adapter?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

You will need to use the adapter if you experience a noisy square wave signal when running PicoScope.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

peter_m

ADC100

Post by peter_m »

oops, i actually meant to reply to this page:

http://www.picotech.com/support/about2319.html

i'm actually not receiving any signal from the adc-100 in picoscope. how would i know what adapter to use?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello

You will need to check the parallel port mode.

Please check the BIOS parallel port mode for standard, output only or uni-directional.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

Hello michael,

I've checked all the parallel port options and I've set the parallel port bios setting to be SPP (the other options were EPP, ECP and EPP+ECP). When set on SPP I get the not connected error. When set on EPP+ECP I get a flatline zero reading (while I am feeding a periodic test signal into it). I have modified the .ini file and I'm not using any adapters. Any suggestions, particularly on which adapters to use?

peter_m

Post by peter_m »

note: the above guest post was me, peter_m

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Peter M,

I am still not sure what you mean about adapter type.

Regards,
michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

peter_m

Post by peter_m »

hello michael,

in a separate thread i was posting in (see above for location) a pico admin sarah said this:

With the ADC-100 there are some other things to consider - are you using the parallel port adaptor for incompatible parallel ports? If so, have you inserted the patch in the win.ini file?

that is the adapter i am concerned about.

thanks,

peter.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Peter

Usually if you are using a version of Windows from 2000 or higher then you will need the adaptor. This is not always true but usually is. I recommend trying the adaptor with the patch in the win.ini and seeing if it helps - it will not damage the computer or hardware at all if you use it when you don't need to.

Best Regards