ADC212/50 Sample

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
rob
User
User

ADC212/50 Sample

Post by rob »

Hi,

I have taken a screen print of a 20MHz signal measured on the ADC212/50 as it is not very smooth to say the least. When I measure the same signal on a standard 40MHz oscilloscope I get a nice sine wave. Are there any settings I need to change in order to improve this trace?

Also is there any way to place the screen print into this post or can I e-mail it to someone at technical support?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Rob,

You can attach images if you are a registered user.

Please post or send this image to us so we can help you further.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

rob
User
User

Screen Print

Post by rob »

Hi,

figured out how to post a screen print now:

IanE

Post by IanE »

Rob

Yes, your PicoScope 212/50 has a 50MS/s sampling rate in real time and the wave your sampling is 20Mhz, so you're close to the minimum Nyquist sampling rate here (http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/Multimedia/node149.html is a good site to explain this).

However, with this continuous signal, you can use ETS (Equivalent Time Sampling) on your scope to obtain a smoother image - see attached screen shot. This was performed with a timebase of 20ns/div. ETS is turned on with the Trigger option at the bottom of the screen.

Ian
Attachments
sine.JPG
(94.84 KiB) Downloaded 1153 times

rob
User
User

Post by rob »

Hi Ian,

cheers for reply. I have used this method and it worked fine. I did notice that you had it set to AC and I also had to do this to get a nice sine wave otherwise it appeared that there was a lot of noise on the signal (which I know from looking at the standard oscilloscope that it was not the case).

Thanks a lot

Rob