Getting started on the ADC-100

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
elizabeth

Getting started on the ADC-100

Post by elizabeth »

Hi,
I am a student trying to use the adc-100 that has been in my university for a while probably more than 7 years I downloaded the new version of the software and installed it. My problem is that it is not properly calliberated. I sent in a 30Hz 2v pulse to test the spectrum analyser and nothing changes I even tried to use the scope to see the wave but it is detecting a -20v signal which is quite worring

douglas.fairbank@hasselbl

-20 volts

Post by douglas.fairbank@hasselbl »

I am experiencing the same problem but when I use an older version of the software (R5.07.4) it works perfectly. The hardware is ADC100 +BMY99/269 adaptor on Compaq EVO N1020V running XP.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

It sounds like you are not using the win.ini patch for using the adapter.

When you are using this adaptor you will need to tell the computer so that it recognises that it is there. To do this you need to insert the following patch into the win.ini file:

[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes

You should insert the patch on a new line and exactly as written above. When you have done this, save the file and exit. The Picoscope software should now recognise the adaptor and report "Use Adapter" in Help | About. The ADC-100 should also now be functioning normally.

If this does not help or if you need further assistance, then please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

douglas fairbank

partial success

Post by douglas fairbank »

The win.ini patch worked and all seems OK until I try to do a triggered reading. Only approx 10% of the trace is recorded, the rest of the screen is blank. Back to the older version of the software and I'm back in business.
Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to runs 2 versions of Picoscope on the same machine.
Problems aside this is a fantastic bit of kit!

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Douglas,

Try running the software in block mode when slow sampling (>100mS/Div).

This should prevent the broken screen trace.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Douglas Fairbank

Screen dumps

Post by Douglas Fairbank »

See the following to illustrate the problem and read the timebase etc from the display. Block mode did not alter the display but on the other hand it was not slow sampling. The 'new' software produced the first image and the old (5.07.4) software produced the second image.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

hello,

Thank you for this. I will pass this on to our software development team.

I will post an answer shortly.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum