Picoscope 3224/ADC-212/50

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Liz

Picoscope 3224/ADC-212/50

Post by Liz »

I've got a couple of questions about the above scopes. I need to be able to measure an input signal level to 1 part in 1000. I notice that the listed accuracy is 1% and was wondering whether this is a constant systematic error, or whether it drifts over time? Is the 12-bit accuracy available over all ranges for the 212/50 as well as for the 3224?

I also need to be able to communicate with the scope using C (specifically, I'm using MS Visual C++, though just to write console programs. Don't ask...). I downloaded both the Linux example code and the Windows example code. It seems to indicate that the "Linux" code would be compilable on a windows machine (and would be nice and easy to slot into my existing code), though I can't find the cited .obj file listed anywhere. (The windows example code is almost entirely unclear to me, but appears to involve making windows etc, which I don't really need to do - just get the data and write it to a text file.) This was all for the ADC 212 - is it simple to get the USB scope working under C?

Thanks for your advice!

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Liz,

Thank you for your post.

The ADC212 range and the 3224 are both similar in terms of resolution. The 1% refers to the active range.
12bit resolution gives you 4096 vertical steps. This equates to 9.76 microvolt steps on the ±20mV range.

We do provide drivers for and examples for C but have no example for what you wish to do.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum