Picolog and DrDaq on different computers

Forum for discussing PicoLog
kentuck

Picolog and DrDaq on different computers

Post by kentuck »

I'm confused. Have set up a DRDAQ to monitor a column chromatography process and am using the 2 external sensors with adaptors and voltage divider to bring the outputs of the flow and conductivity sensors to 2.5VDC It all works well on my desktop but when I try to set the system up on either of 2 laptops I can't get the bugger to record those 2 external sensors. The pH and voltage (for UV asbsorbance) channels work fine. Have tried using a common settings file between the three but to no avail. Same cable used each time. Any ideas?

Desktop is Windows 2000, the laptops Windows 2000 and 95.

Thanks

Ken

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

On the desktop PC you should have created a scaling file with an extension .dds. This file should be in the same directory as the driver. drdaq32.dll. I am making the assumption that since it works on this PC you have got one of these files.

This should also be installed onto your 2 laptops as well. If the scaling file cannot be found by the program/driver then the sensor cannot be recognized. Check that you have not got other .dds files on the laptops using the same sensor number, these should be unique and below 100.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

davidjhe@aol.com

chromatography

Post by davidjhe@aol.com »

Following failure of our computing integrators have tried using an ADC10 to monitor the output from a GC and an HPLC separatly.

Simple to put into Excel and to graph the chromatograms, but has anyone got a program to calculate peak areas and record retention times.

I know that there are commercial programs and interfaces but these cost at least £2000.00.

Regards
David Edwards
Edwards' Analytical