ADC 11 temperature measurement

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Vic Hall
User
User

Post by Vic Hall »

I wish to measure 4 temperatures for an application. They are two10mm copper pipes, a sleeve in a Hot Water cylinder and the external temerature of the air.
From that I would like to activate a pump based on a differential across two of the measurements.

I would then like to replicate the above to achieve a comparison across two systems (side by side)

The ADC11/10 USB would seem to be ideal and can I use K type thermo couples to measure the temperatures. If so, how do I convert the input voltage to a temerature display on the output graph?

Anything else you would recommend?

Regards

Vic Hall

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

You will not be able to measure thermocouples directly with the ADC11. You will need to use a thermocouple data logger or build your own signal amplifier.

Everything else seems possible, although please provide a bit more detail of what you wish to do.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Vic Hall
User
User

Post by Vic Hall »

WHAt I wish to do is in the most cost effective way is:
Measure 4 temperatures for an solar panel application. They are two 10mm copper pipes (Flow & Return), a sleeve in a Hot Water cylinder for the tank temp and the external temerature of the air.
From that I would like to activate a pump based on a differential across two of the measurements.

I would then like to replicate the above to achieve a comparison across two systems (side by side).

The TC08 is more expensive than the ADC 11 and does not have the same number of channels.

What sensors can I use, if I can't use thermocouples?
Do you supply them or thermocouple amplifiers?

Or do you have an alternative? My knowledge of electronics is very limited so can you suggest a package.

This is for experimental usage and may be developed further later.

Regards
Vic Hall

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

In order to measure thermocouples with the ADC11, you will need to build a signal amplifier for each thermocouple you wish to measure. This can be done as indicated in the attached document.

Best regards,
Michael
Attachments
Terminal Boards General.pdf
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 636 times
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum