USB DrDAQ NOT OPENED ERROR

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
Glovisol
Advanced User
Advanced User

USB DrDAQ NOT OPENED ERROR

Post by Glovisol »

I am unable to make the Excel file for collecting DrDAQ data in the SDK work at all. As soon as I hit the GET DATA button the NOT OPENED error message comes up.....

I removed the "DrDAQ open" check from the Macro, but still no dice. It look like Excel is unable to link to Picolog.

O.S. Windows XP
Excel 2003

Any suggestion?

glovisol

Hitesh

Re: USB DrDAQ NOT OPENED ERROR

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Glovisol,

If the PicoLog software is open and connected to the device, please close it and then try to connect to the device again.

Are you using the example and drivers from the latest SDK release?

Regards,

Glovisol
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Glovisol »

Hi, Hitesh,

I downloaded the SDK yesterday, so it should be up to date. When the Excel file opens I see:

The "Get Data" pushbutton in L3.

"Unit opened" in L10

"USB DeDAQ in L11

Serial number:" in L12 and: "AO819/039" in M12

"Driver version:" in L13 and: "1.0.0.163" in M13

This must be data stored in the file when you last closed it (I saw it was written by Robin and last changed by you personally). On the other hand the serial no. of my DrDAQ is: CY380/108.

I tried to first open the Excel file and then Picolog. Then I tried to do the reverse. I tried with Window XP. Then I tried with Windows 7 on DIFFERENT PC's, but it never worked. As far as I can see a link between Excel and Picolog is missing. This other file I am enclosing is very rugged and works very well, but it is not what I need. I enclose both.

It now comes to my mind: must the Excel file be in the Picolog directory?

Kind regards,

G. Lovisol
Generic DrDAQ display.xls
(35 KiB) Downloaded 804 times
TEST DrDAQ.xls
(41 KiB) Downloaded 726 times

Glovisol
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Glovisol »

Hi Hitesh,

I even tried to put the file into the Pico Full Directory, but to no avail..

Best regards,

glovisol

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi glovisol,

If you are calling the API functions directly, then the drivers must be located on a path specified in the Windows PATH Environment Variable which the MS Excel VBA macro can then locate. You should then be able to place the Excel file in a location in your (My) Documents folder.

If you have installed the SDK using the installer, then the path to the dlls will be added to the PATH Environment Variable.

I have attached a couple of updated SDK examples that you can try - one is an xls file, the other an xlsm file.
USBDRDAQ.xls
USB DrDAQ Example xls file
(42.5 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
USBDrDAQ.xlsm
USB DrDAQ Example xlsm file
(29.02 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
If the device is is use by another application, then the VBA code cannot connect to it. Please check to see if any plw32.exe processes are running on the PC at the time when you try to run the Excel test example.

If you are using Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) then you can use this when PicoLog is running and connected to the device.

I hope this helps.

Glovisol
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Glovisol »

Dear Hitesh,

Thanks for the explanation & new files. DrDAQ is busy now, but I shall test new files over the weekend.

Kind regards,

glovisol

Glovisol
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Glovisol »

Dear Hitesh,

Thank you for your help! It works now. I am going to write DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS in the DrDAQ Section to make it easier for everybody.

Kind regards,

glovisol