Linux driver for DrDAQ

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
edwardnorfield

Linux driver for DrDAQ

Post by edwardnorfield »

Hi,
I’ve compiled and run the Linux driver for DrDAQ on a systems running Mandrake 8.2 without any problems for the last few months.

I now have two new systems one running RedHat 8.0 and another running Mandrake 9.1. The drivers contained within the picopar.tar package will not compile on these new systems.

There is very little difference between the old and new Mandrake systems, only version differences.

Is there some problem with the latest Linux releases? If so is there something I can do about it?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards
Edward Norfield

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't currently have the resources to fix Linux problems (see the notice on our Linux page), my advice would be to stick with using the older kernel releases for the time being.
We have come across similar problems compiling under the latest kernel releases ourselves and this will be looked at in the mid to long term future.

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

edwardnorfield

Linux driver

Post by edwardnorfield »

Hi,

As a software engineer I know what “mid to long term future” means.

I was hoping to get a data acquisition system working quickly with the DrDAQ before moving onto one of the ADC products.

As my system needs to work with the latest Kernel release, for other reasons, I will now have to spend time looking for an alternative data acquisition product from someone else.

Regards
Edward Norfield

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hi Edward,

Our linux driver fixes have to take a lesser priority to our Windows support. So unless you can move to Windows for your application or use an older version of Linux, you are right to investigate the alternatives.

I'll post something on the Forum, once we find out what is causing the error.

Kind Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer