picolog error message 'Unable to write file'

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Tresco
User
User

picolog error message 'Unable to write file'

Post by Tresco »

When using picolog & viewing the graph, I occasionally get the following error message box:
Message box title: "ERROR"
Message box contents: Yellow triangle with exclaimation mark & "Unable to write file" & "OK" button
Whilst this error message is active the picologger & graph stop recording.

Using: ADC-42, Picolog 5.12.8, WinXP-Pro SrvPk2
IBM T30 P4 1.6GHz 512 Mb 40Gb

Thank you[/img]

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

You willl need to ensure you have permission to write data to the folder you are using. Please check your user rights as XP may be preventing PicoLog from saving data. You may also need to check if Antivirus spftware is interfering with the data functions as this may be causing the problems.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

i had the same probs however on win98 se, yet there is no firewall and i doubt win98 is "preventing" me from saving the files to a paticular folder !!!! Howver my files save onto a server sharing a folder, but iv only had this problem on later versions of pico

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

I suggest that you save your log file to your PC hard disk and transfer to the network when complete. The log file is constantly written and saved during the logging session. This is to prevent data loss in the event of a power failure or similar. When saving over a network, traffic or data collision may interrupt the saving process and throw back the message you have seen.

Please try again with saving locally and share a folder on the PC for remote network access.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum