PicoLog hangs after Pause/Resume

Forum for discussing PicoLog
James

PicoLog hangs after Pause/Resume

Post by James »

Hi,

I've just started using PicoLog Recorder with some new Pico 2202s via USB to a Dell desktop running Windows 2000 and about half the time I press the "Pause/Resume" button the programme crashes and the current file is lost. Any advice?

James

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Please ensure you have the latest version of PicoLog available from our website: www.picotech.com/software.html

If you are still experiencing problems, please send me your plw files or recorder.pls file from the ...\Pico\ directory.

Another way would be to stop the recording and record a new file rather than pausing.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

James

PicoLog programme bugs

Post by James »

Hi,

No, the latest version continues to crash after pressing the "Pause/Recall" (although only after the second time you press it).

How do I send you the files?

Yes, I can get around the problem by not the using the programme the way it's designed but this bug is a serious one if someone who has been recording for two hours inadvertently uses the Pause button and loses all their data.

Other glitches that our technicians have noted:
1. The pull-down menu buttons in the "Options" window stop displaying their items.
2. Occasionally a pull-down menu appears somewhere else on the monitor insted of where it should be making a selection impossible.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello

Please send your files to support@picotech.com

We need to replicate your setup to check where the problem lies. PicoLog continuously writes data to a temporary file and renames the file once recording has completed. Your data is still intact at this point.

Once we have identified the problem, we can release a fix in the next version of PicoLog.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum