TH03 help

Post any questions about our serial port products
jamz
User
User

TH03 help

Post by jamz »

hi, i just acquired the TH03 with 3x EL015 sensors and am having some problems with it.

i'm running on a win2000 machine and the th03 is connecting to one of two serial com ports available on my PC. Software that came with the package was installed properly. a restart was done but at times the picolog recorder is not able to recognise the th03 being connected to the com port.

another question: is it possible to modify the probe sensor ends. i require them to be needle-like for more delicate probing and higher sensitivity. Or better still, are there ready made ones for order. it'll be good if they support a wider temperature range (higher) as well.

TIA

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

hello,

Make sure you don't have another program occupying the COM port. This may cause intermittent drops in communications. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

It is not possible to alter the EL015 casing. The temperature range is limited by the thermistor.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

jamz
User
User

Post by jamz »

Michael wrote:hello,

Make sure you don't have another program occupying the COM port. This may cause intermittent drops in communications. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

It is not possible to alter the EL015 casing. The temperature range is limited by the thermistor.

Best regards,
Michael
i dont have any program occupying the com port. so there is no other sensor type that pico makes which i could use?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

The EL015 is fixed in design. There are no other sensors we supply that will work.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum