ADC-20 Visual Basic 6 Problem

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Shaun
User
User

ADC-20 Visual Basic 6 Problem

Post by Shaun »

Hi,

Just thought I'd pass on my experience today after purchasing a ADC-20 for an application at work. As usual It was an urgent prototype and I was under pressure.

My thanks to Mark at Pico Tech for resolving the problem.

In summary if your using VB and an ADC-20 or 24 the supplied VB example file does not work.

The example code does run but if a voltage is connected to an analogue input an overflow occurs and the program crashes. There is a variable that is defined incorrectly.

I would recommend contacting pico if you have either of these devices and want to use the example VB sample.

The code is hard programmed to use 24Bit resolotion so be careful if your using the ADC-20 !

A frustrating morning but resolved in the end. But where is the quality check before this software is released :cry: ?

The good news is that after resolving he the problem I have used the .NET conversion program and it seems to run fine in visual studio.net.

Cheers.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Thank you for the feedback Shaun,

We will take your comments seriously but also remind users of these examples that they are examples of code calls using our drivers. Please check your code before implementing.

Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum