TC-08

Which product is right for your exact requirements
JessH

TC-08

Post by JessH »

I want to use very thin thermocouples with insulated tips so I can attach them on electronic components. The thermocouples used on TC-08 appears to be thick. Do you sell thin thermocouples(K type)? Or can I get them somewhere else and still be able to use on TC-08?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can use most types of thermocouples with the TC-08.

Suppliers include: www.kalestead.co.uk
rswww.com
www.uk.farnell.com

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

JessH

TC-08 Software

Post by JessH »

Once I load the PicoLog software, am I ready to start using TC-08 for measuring and recording temperatures in text as well as in graphs? I saw some of your customers need to do some extra programming (Labview, VB, etc) to get what they want. Is it necessary? I have no knowledge of programming any sort. Thanks.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Once you have installed the software and device drivers, you are ready to go!

You will need to set each channel input and designate your logging requirements. Once you start logging, you can view the data in real time, graph and spreadsheet views.

Consult the help manual for further information.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

jessH

TC-08

Post by jessH »

I want to measure temperatures using K-type thermocouples on a Heater Bar which will run to 400 C. Would it be safe to use TC-08 data logger on such high temperature?

Thanks.

JessH

TC-08

Post by JessH »

To follow up the previous question, what is the best way to attached a thermalcouple on a 400 C object?

Thanks again.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello

K-Type TC's have a range of -270 +1370 deg C so range is not a problem.

Our K-Types have an upper limit of 350 C due to wire insulation. You will need to consider mineral insulated thermocouples. This will aslo apply to your second question if your heater bar is live. Be careful when connecting thermocouples to metal surfaces especially when electrical signals are involved.

Best regards
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum