LED not responding

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
FirstDivision
User
User

LED not responding

Post by FirstDivision »

Hi,

I have a small problem with my DrDaq unit and software I'm writing. I can open the unit and retrieve data from the different interfaces (External2, Light, etc), but I can't get the LED to turn on or off. No matter what I do the LED stays illuminated.

I wrote software in VB6 a few years ago with the same unit and the LED worked then, so it's not like the unit is defective or anything (I suppose it may have broken since then, but I doubt it).

I'm using VB.NET and a recent version of the DLL that I downloaded today. I might have the original CD around somwhere if I should be using an older DLL version, but I'm not sure where it is.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
FD

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

A most unusual situation.

Can you send or post your VB function call and function declaration module?

It may be an invalid function declaration variable.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

FirstDivision
User
User

LED

Post by FirstDivision »

Hi Michael,
It may be an invalid function declaration variable.
lol, yeah, I surely wouldn't doubt it. :D

I wrapped the functions in a VB.NET class so I could add a little. I'll post both that and the form's code if you want, although there's quite a few lines. Maybe a ZIP file or something would be better? I'll send the whole project if you want.

I left my laptop at work to monitor the temperature of my cubicle to see what happens at night (couldn't help it), so I can't get the code until tomorrow.

Can I attach files to a post?

Thanks for the reply,
Andrew

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Andrew,

Please post the project to support@picotech.com

Thanks,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

FirstDivision
User
User

LED and Code

Post by FirstDivision »

Hi Michael,

I sent the code to the email address you provided. I should mention that there are two folders (projects) in the zip file. The first, "NetDrDaq", contains the wrapper class and the function declarations that I suppose you wanted to take a look at. The second folder, "DrDaq" contains the actual Windows application code, which itself contains a refererance to the NetDrDaq project (In Visual Studio I have both these projects contained within the same solution).

By the way, the overnight graph looked cool, temperature got down to 70 degrees (F) until coming sharply back up right before I arrived.

Thanks for taking a look at the code.

-Andrew

FirstDivision
User
User

LED

Post by FirstDivision »

Hi,

Hmm, I suppose I should have done this before but I just tried a test with PLW Recorder and got the same results. I set up a new recording and set the LED to be "Off during alarm", "On during Alarm", and "On When Recording". No matter what the LED stays on when I record. So either I'm not using the software correct, or there is something wrong with my hardware maybe? Could the parallel cable be bad and cause this problem?

Thanks,
Andrew