Can grid of expanded time display be changed?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Jim Walker

Can grid of expanded time display be changed?

Post by Jim Walker »

I have a model 5203 which has a very useful deep memory. At X1 the display agrees with the selected time base as it should and the units are integers. When stepping through the binary expansion, the grid intervals also successively divide by two and at large expansions become difficult to quickly interpret. For example, one grid line reads 1.971us and the next one reads 3.971us. They are then 2us apart. Is there a way to either make the expansion X10, X100, etc. or to change the display grid (shift) so that the intervals are integers of microseconds or milliseconds, etc.?
Jim Walker
Walker Power Design, Inc.

Hitesh

Re: Can grid of expanded time display be changed?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jim,

The PicoScope 6.11 Beta software features the ability to zoom in 1, 2, 5 steps, so please try this if you have not already installed this version. It should give some improvement over what you have been seeing.

I will add your comments to an existing feature request for our Development Team.

Regards,

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Is there a possibility to activate this for the mouse wheel scrolling.
It now only zooms 1,2,5 when the focus is on the zoom up down control
When the focus is on the scope image then it defaults back to powers of 2

Benno

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Benno,

My understanding is that the zoom factor of 2 when scrolling on the graph display is by design.

I will refer this to the Development Team and provide an update in due course.

Regards,

Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

Yes, indeed, that is very nice.
Now, for a bit more, I notice that the end arrows at the bottom of the display move in one grid increments but the slider, with finesse, can move in smaller increments. Can those increments be made smaller yet? Is that under Pico control or is it a Windows function? Smaller increments would enable the grid to be lined up with the nearest integer at any place on the display. Low magnifications now seem to always line up nicely but at higher magnifications and off center, it is sometimes difficult or impossible. The cursors do their job, of course. I hope that this doesn't come across as a complaint rather than a question because I really do appreciate the deep memory.
Jim Walker
Walker Power Design, Inc.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the feedback which I have passed to our Development Team as a New Feature Request.

I'm not sure whether it is down to the implementation or whether it is a Windows feature.

Regards,

springburo

Post by springburo »

would it be possible to have an option to display either the time or µS/ div using multiple views. With a large zoom, the indiviual times get silly with decimal points. eg 863.3 then 903.3. Often we do not need the time relative to the trigger point, just a useful us/div. An alternative would :cry: be to add at the bottom the time/div.
I am using PicoScope® 6 - PC Oscilloscope software version: 6.12.3.2410

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi springburo,

I have put forward your query as a New Feature request for consideration by our Software Development Team.

Regards,