Streaming on PicoScope 3424

Which product is right for your exact requirements
TriggerHappy

Streaming on PicoScope 3424

Post by TriggerHappy »

I am interested in logging long time records with the model 3424 at high speed. I would like to stream data continuously to the PC up to the capacity limit of disk/memory or whatever limit imposed by the scope software/hardware. If possible, I would like to do this with sample rates supported by the scope, up to buffering/streaming limits.

1) Can the PicoLog software support using streaming mode to accomplish the above?

The 3424 User Manual, section 3.4.3 entitled 'More on streaming mode' on page 27, indicates that streaming mode can support data block requests from the PC as often as every 1ms. The manual also indicates that the driver can support buffering of up to 32K samples of data per channel. From this I infer that streaming rates as high as a theoretical limit of 32K/1ms = 32M samples/second can be supported per channel (though obviously in practice must be lower to avoid buffer overruns).

2) Is the above true? How fast can it really go?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately 32M streaming is not possible. Instead there is a limit of 1kHz (1ms sampling) for streaming mode. The software can record up to 1 million samples in one run and you can set it to repeat at the end of each run.

Hope this helps

Best Regards