Noisy sampling using PicoScope 3000 series

Forum for discussing PicoLog
wongclan

Noisy sampling using PicoScope 3000 series

Post by wongclan »

I have been trying to use the picoscope to do some sampling at a low rate however the inputs seems to be quite noisy.

I have 2 picoscopes (3204 & 3205) and both shows the same problem. I grounded all of the channel inputs (thus should show 0v) with the following settings on the picolog:
Range: DC 5v
Sampling interval: 100ms

Instead of showing 0v, the voltages jumps from 0v to as much as 0.3v for all channels at different times. I tried grounding the scopes with the power supply of the PC but that did not help either.

Kindly advise if that is due to the 50db noise rejection limitation (however, since I grounded all inputs, this should not be the case) or something else. I have also tried different PCs, notebook w/wo power supply (even different locations such as an open field to avoid any noisy environments) but the results are still the same.

Please suggust if there is a way to get ride of this "noise" or is there something wrong with my scopes as I need pretty clean signals sampling at just 10Hz.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you have been seeing problems.

I am not sure what will be the root cause of this noise however if you would like to send the scopes to us then we can work on them to eliminate it. If you would like to send them to us then please let me know by email and provide your full contact details so that I can issue you with a returns number.

Best Regards