InstallShield wizard was interrupted

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Stefan84

InstallShield wizard was interrupted

Post by Stefan84 »

Hi!

I tried to install the Picosoft Software on my Asus T100TA which was running Windows 8.1 at first and Windows 10 now.
I had the same problem on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

The setup starts fine and also the Software seems to install fine.
But after a while everything is deleted again and I get the message that the InstallShield wizard was interrupted.
Unfortunately this error message doesn't tell much. So I searched on the Internet and tried a bit.

When running the msi with a custom command and creating a log file I saw that the Installation of some Driver failed.
So the next step was to disable the rollback of the msi installer to have everything in place to look more into details.
After a while I found that the picopp diver is the one that fails when trying to install.
I would guess that is does have a wrong checksum and the verification of the signature fails.

Is there anybody else having the same problem?

Best regards,
Stefan

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: InstallShield wizard was interrupted

Post by Martyn »

The development team are aware of the error with the picopp driver, and are working on a resolution.

Thank you for your input on this.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

twinssen

Post by twinssen »

Im a new user and got a PicoScope2205MSO and trying to install PicoScope 6 on Windows 10 and OSX El Captain.
OSX is missing Mono even when all versions are installed and on Windows it is just not installing and rolling back the installation after a minute.

Was expecting more of this piece of plastic that only seems to light up a red LED.

What me worries most is that on this forum more people have the same problem and it is still not fixed! :x

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi twinssen,

We are aware that some Customers have experienced an issue with the Windows installer rolling back as well as issues with running the PicoScope 6 for Mac OS X version on El Capitan.

Both have been addressed by our Development Team and a new release of the PicoScope 6 Beta software (due imminently) should resolve these issues.

In the meantime, the following is a work around for Mac OS X:
  • Open terminal
  • Issue the command: which mono
  • Select and copy the result. In case it doesn’t return anything, then there is a problem with the mono installation itself.
  • Open Finder and navigate to /Applications/ (or wherever the Picoscope6 installation is located).
  • Cmd+click (or right click) and select to Show Package Contents.
  • Navigate further to Picoscope6.app/Contents/MacOS
  • Open the 'picoscope' file in the text editor. From the command line paste in-

Code: Select all

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /Applications/Picoscope6.app/Contents/MacOS/picoscope
  • Find the line beginning with MONOCMD and comment it out – insert # character in front (usually right alt+3)
  • In the next line put MONOCMD=”paste-from-step-3”
  • Save the 'picoscope' file
  • Start the software.
I see that you have sent in a couple of e-mail support requests so I will respond from there and will post an update once the new versions are available.

Update: A new version of PicoScope 6.11 Beta is now available for download.

Regards,

ganquetil

Post by ganquetil »

Hello,

I have the same problem if I try to install an old version (Picoscope6_r6_10_18).
If I try to install the new version the installation is OK but the software doesn't detect my picoscope serie 2000.

What do I have to do?! :?: :!:

Thank you for your quick help, I need it working by wednesday.

Best regards,

Gael

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Gael,

Which specific PicoScope 2000 Series device are you using?

Could you also locate the trace.xml file from the last PicoScope 6 session where the PicoScope 2000 Series device was not found.

Regards,