picoscope 6 not seeing picoscope 4262

Having problems ? let us know the details here
sirej

picoscope 6 not seeing picoscope 4262

Post by sirej »

Hi

I have a problem when connecting my picoscope 4262 to a windows 7 PC. When i first connect it picoscope 6 dose not see the device but if i manually connect it will work until i close the program. When the program is restarted (PC not rebooted) the program cant find the picoscope. In the printers and devices menu on the PC i can see the picoscope but some times it seems to reconnect (disappears and appears again). The picoscope works perfectly when connecting to my personal windows machine.

As solutions i have tried to reinstall everything i could connect to picoscope (drivers for the 4262 and Picoscope 6) and with different versions of picoscope 6, but havent found any solution to the problem. I have also tried with the same results on an identical computer.

I hope someone have experienced similar problems and can help me.

Cheers
Simon

Hitesh

Re: picoscope 6 not seeing picoscope 4262

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Simon,

Are you using a desktop or laptop PC and the supplied blue USB cable?

Have you tried different USB ports on the PC? If it is a desktop PC, please try using the rear USB ports if you are using the front?

It might be helpful to see the trace.xml file when the device is not recognised - please ensure that you are using the latest version of the PicoScope 6 software and refer to section 3 of the PicoScope 6 Self-Help Guide.

Regards,