Can not display Math Channels

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Sonia

Can not display Math Channels

Post by Sonia »

Hi,
I can not display any maths channels. None of the built in equations work.
If I create a custom channel using the wizard, if I enter anything other than simply channel A or channel B I get an "invalid equation" error. If I leave the custom equation as a single channel, the display works.

I have previously used our PicoScope 2205 with PicoScope 6 software with no issues and used the maths channels. The issue has occurred when I have installed on a different laptop. Both are running Windows 7 professional.
I have un-installed and re-installed the picoScope 6 software and checked for updates.

Please can you advise me what to try next. Thanks
Sonia

Hitesh

Re: Can not display Math Channels

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sonia,

Could you please confirm the version of PicoScope 6 software that you are using (click Help -> About PicoScope 6...)?

Can you provide an example of an equation? Where multiple channels are involved, have you enabled the other channel(s)?

Regards,

Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Hi,

Software version:
PicoScope® 6 - PC Oscilloscope software version: 6.6.42.2

In this case, I would simply like to display the differential of the 2 channels (A-B) using the built in equation.
Nothing is added to the display when I select this. When I return to the Math Channels menu, "A-B" is not selected.

As mentioned, I have not had this problem previously.

I created a custom equation as a test. In this case, typing anything other than "A" or "B" results in an invalid equation.

Both Channels A and B are enabled.

Thank you for your help

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sonia,

Thank you for the information.

PicoScope 6.6.42 is an old version so please download and install the latest stable version from our Downloads page.

You can also install the latest PicoScope 6 Beta version.

Regards,