data export problem

Forum for discussing PicoLog
bcinv

data export problem

Post by bcinv »

Hello,
I'm collecting temperature data with the TC08 and Picolog, then using Excel for data processing. For several months, everything has been fine. Recently, the 'select all', 'copy to clipboard' (in PLW spreadsheet), followed by pasting to Excel, has stopped working. No data comes across in Excel. Other types of copy/paste unrelated to Picolog data seem to be working normally. I downloaded 5.24.8 but this did not help. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hitesh

Re: data export problem

Post by Hitesh »

Hi bcinv,

Once the data collection is complete, click File -> Save as... in the PicoLog Recorder window and change the 'Save as type' drop-down to to 'Comma separated value files (*.csv) before saving.

You can then load the files into Microsoft Excel.

An alternative would be to right-click the PicoLog icon on your desktop, select Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, tick the box under 'Compatibility mode' and select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)', then click 'OK'.

Regards,

bcinv

Re: data export problem

Post by bcinv »

Hitesh,

I changed the compatibility setting as you suggested, and now the exporting into Excel is working just fine. Thanks very much for your assistance with this.

bcinv