Calibration procedure

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
Vincenzo

Calibration prcedure

Post by Vincenzo »

Can I calibrate another time in the future the TC-08 or I have to send it to You every time i need the calibration?
Is the calibration also inside a software routine?
:?
I read that driver provides for cold junction compensation. What means?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Thermocouples by nature need to be referenced. The reading they give is referenced to a "cold junction" in order to calculate the temperature. In many traditional setups this is a junction kept at 0 degC, thus the name cold junction. In our units this is in fact a thermistor inside the unit. All calculations are made referenced to this.

Calibration does need to be done here by us as we program the calibration data into the unit.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

EE-DK
User
User

Cold junction

Post by EE-DK »

Sarah wrote: Thermocouples by nature need to be referenced. The reading they give is referenced to a "cold junction" in order to calculate the temperature. In many traditional setups this is a junction kept at 0 degC, thus the name cold junction. In our units this is in fact a thermistor inside the unit. All calculations are made referenced to this.
Does that mean theTC-08 unit needs to be kept at a stable exactly temperature point during measurements or will any fluction (+/- 2 deg. C)measured at the cold junction channel also influence on the 8 thermocouple inputs readings?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes the TC-08 unit itself should be kept in a stable temperature to ensure more accurate readings. The probes obviously can be in any temperature within their range.

Best Regards