ADC11 Freq measurement in LabView

Forum for discussing PicoLog
BentRods
Active User
Active User

ADC11 Freq measurement in LabView

Post by BentRods »

Hi
from the ADC11 Labview Examples, the default settings are working and I can see how to access other channels with Sub-VI's but I need to measure Frequency not a Voltage, how do I do this ?
I would like to measure Freq on two Channels, the rest will be Voltages

Reading the "ADC11/22 Manual V1.0" I see no reference to this, so I'm thinking this feature is handled External to the ADC1132.dll file ?

TIA
Bentrods

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

The ADC11 will not convert readings into frequency. This is performed by the software.
You may be able to do this with a Labview tool.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi
could you give me some more detail's about how this is done,
either by the PLW program or from the dll file ?

Bentrods

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we are unable to give information as to the internal workings of our software.

Best Regards

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi
is there any support for the ADC11 Labview vi there ?

I would also like to ask how is it so that picscope can measure Frequency so nicely and Picolog needs a 1 Sec scan time to do this ?
Bentrods

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

What kind of Labview support are you looking for? If you would like to send your .VI to support@picotech.com we can have a look at it.

Also, PicoLog is a data logging programme and is not designed for fast frequency scans.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi
my comments are embedded below

>>What kind of Labview support are you looking for? If you would like to send your .VI to support@picotech.com we can have a look at it.<<

I would like to see a sample VI that will measures Freq with that existing Sample VI in the download, my VI skills are not dangerous enough yet ... so there's not much point in me sending a vi you already have there on the website.

>>Also, PicoLog is a data logging programme and is not designed for fast frequency scans.<<

Sorry but my question in the previous post remains unanswered, why is it that PicoScope can measure Freq ok and Picolog is a painfull excercise ?
Whats the max Freq that can be reliably measured in Picolog ? cant say that I have ever seen any specs on this ?
except for 12Bit @ 10 kS/s.

Thanks
BentRods

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

I cannot buid a VI for you. You will need to look at our VI and expand upon it. This is what we offer our LabView examples for.

Again, PicoLog is a datalogging programme. It will measure voltages with ease but frequency counting involves more software processing. This would increase the weight of PicoLog on the processor.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum