Error 13 (H0 S0) after opening adc212

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
dharr
User
User

Error 13 (H0 S0) after opening adc212

Post by dharr »

I have just got some VB6 code working on my Windows 2000 machine, where it works, and now installed it on an XP machine, where it gives the error 13 (H0 S0) response to adc200_get_unit_info after an open fails. I have a gut feeling this is a versioning problem. I am using the 4.02 download and putting:
windows\system32\drivers\adc200.sys (v 6.00)
windows\system32\drivers\picopp.sys (v 1.8)
windows\system32\adc20032.dll (v 4.2)
windows\inf\picopp.inf
I did the regdrive adc200 thing.

Error messages up to 12 are documented under adc_get_status; incidentially this routine is not available in adc20032.bas.

Maybe it's something silly about the wrong port but it would be nice to know what the error message means.

Thanks, David.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

If the program appears to not find the unit then try selecting all the available LPT ports. Try LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 to see if any these give readings. This is because Windows can virtualise the parallel port and it could be going by a different number.

If this doesn't help, then check and make sure that nothing else is installed to the parallel port. Printers, scanners and zip drives can all cause driver conflicts. If there is anything installed try assigning it to a different port or uninstalling it and see if this helps.

Also check the parallel port settings in the BIOS of the computer. It should be set to one of the following modes:

SPP, Normal, Output Only, Unidirectional

It should not be set to ECP, EPP or Bidirectional.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Best Regards

dharr
User
User

error codes list?

Post by dharr »

Thanks. I did find the port in the end (the laptop docking station does seem to move the LPT ports around).

So Error 13 means "no picotech at the selected port"?

Is there a list of these somewhere?

dharr
User
User

New error message

Post by dharr »

Now I have Error 13 (H0 S204), not (H0 S0)
When I change picotech units this goes away, so not a port problem.
On the different computer the unit that gave the error shows no error.

Again, is there a list of what these error codes mean?

Thanks,
David.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your posts.

The error codes are listed in the user manual. Error 13 means that it could not find a unit. I would recommend trying the same unit on another computer, trying it with Picoscope and seeing what happens. This will help establish if the hardware is at fault.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards
Sarah - tech support.

Niel

Post by Niel »

I've had a similar problem recently, turned out to be that the 25 pin connector on my ADC212 does not make contact when the cable is screwed in, but it does make contact when not screwed in. The problem is that the connector is not of the same high quality as the rest of the product, and via the local distributor I've recommended to Pico Technologies to use a higher quality connector.

So try the "faulty" unit without tightening the screws.