PicoScop ADC42 blocks soon

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Mauro

PicoScop ADC42 blocks soon

Post by Mauro »

I'm running ADC-42.
I installed the software PicoScope on two PCs (with differente brand) running Windows XP and on one notebook (other brand again) running Windows 2000, but... the results is the same, the following ones:

1)
After working for about one minute it's impossible click on the menu because the software blocks ("does not respond").

2)
Moreover, the pointer of the mouse cannot be well controlled because the software is in "go state" and it's very hard to click on "OFF" button.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Mauro

Thank you for your post.

To stop the software you can press the space bar and this will free up the mouse. The jerky movements of the mouse are due to it sampling across the parallel port and having no internal buffer. You can eliminate this by using our USB to Parallel adaptor. Please note that only our adaptor will work with our units.

With regards to the software locking up, is this when you have set a trigger? What version of the software do you have? If you can let me know some more information about that then I will be able to help more.

Best Regards

software Scope blocked

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply.

I have the latest version of the software, downloaded from your website.

Yesterday, I put the Scope in the Single mode. Now, when I open the software, it wait indefinitely and there is no way to stop it waiting. Space bar doesn't work and menu cannot be clicked.
Even if I give an impulse the software doesn't not stop.

Why is it that?

Thanks

Mauro

Mauro

waiting for a reply

Post by Mauro »

Hi. Can you reply to the above question (I posted wrongly with Guest name), please? Thanls

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Try using repeat or auto trigger modes with save on trigger active.

During trigger modes, the PC has to sample data from the hardware continuously until triggered state is reached. Windows introduced more software and security layers between the software and parallel ports. This could be why your machine is locking up on single trigger modes.

A solution to this is the Pico parallel port adapter.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum