Picoscope cannot find ADC-20 on USB. (Ubuntu 14.04)

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
MRR

Picoscope cannot find ADC-20 on USB. (Ubuntu 14.04)

Post by MRR »

Hi, a polite support request :)

After a seemingly successful installation, having followed the instructions at https://www.picotech.com/downloads/linux , I can get picoscope to load and run in demo mode, but it cannot detect our beloved ADC-20 when it's plugged into the laptop's usb.

The lsusb command brings up "Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0ce9:1003 pico Technology", so it's being seen as a device, but I've no idea how determine why it is not available to picoscope.

Please can anyone suggest faultfinding steps, I would be most grateful. The ADC-20 is usually a workhorse here, and I now need to bring it over to Linux to assist further developments.

Kind regards,
Matt.

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope cannot find ADC-20 on USB. (Ubuntu 14.04)

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, the ADC-20 is not compatible with the PicoScope 6 software.

The only data loggers which will work with the PicoScope 6 software are the USB DrDAQ and PicoLog 1000 Series devices.

There is a request to the Development Team to provide Linux drivers for the ADC-20 and ADC-24 in order to allow users to implement their own programs so I will escalate this.

Regards,

MRR

Post by MRR »

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for answering. Please let me know if there's any way I can help to support you with the required developments. It's important to my employer that we can use our instruments on different operating systems.

Regards,
Matt.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matt,

Are you using the PicoLog software or writing your own application?

The PicoLog software is only available for Microsoft Windows platforms.

Regards,

SvenP

Post by SvenP »

Hi,

I just found that thread:
I'm looking for a driver for the ADC-24 on raspbian system. I would be interested in developing some software accessing the ADC-24 from RaspberryPi.

Kind regards,
Sven

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sven,

Please e-mail support@picotech.com as we have some debian install packages that can be provided via a download link.

The libpicohrdl driver should be available via the repository in due course.

Regards,

MRR

Post by MRR »

Hello again after some months...

Has there been any progress with getting an ADC-20 to operate under Linux yet please?

Thanks,
Matt.
Hitesh wrote:Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, the ADC-20 is not compatible with the PicoScope 6 software.

The only data loggers which will work with the PicoScope 6 software are the USB DrDAQ and PicoLog 1000 Series devices.

There is a request to the Development Team to provide Linux drivers for the ADC-20 and ADC-24 in order to allow users to implement their own programs so I will escalate this.

Regards,

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matt,

Please e-mail support@picotech.com and I can provide some debian packages for you to download.

Regards,