Accessing recorded/saved data

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Tekky

Accessing recorded/saved data

Post by Tekky »

Dear All,
I have set up PicoLog to record data from three ADC-24 dataloggers and have the PLW Recorder displaying all 48 channels simultaneously. The PicoLog manual article indicates that when the 'record' option is selected then all 48 channels will be recorded. However I would like to export the recorded/saved data to excel or some other data analysis software and so far I can only ever see up to 16 or 20 channels of the recorded data using the PLW Player. It does mention this in the article, but how do I access all 48 channels of recorded data?
Regards, Tekky

Hitesh

Re: Accessing recorded/saved data

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tekky,

Section 9 in the PicoLog Self-Help Guide (available from http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/pi ... uide-1.pdf) provides guidance on grouping channels so that you may view them in turn - below is an extract:
You need to define multiple "Groups" of channels, no more than 20 (or 16) at a time
from the channels you have. You can then at any time call up these groups for viewing,
in quick succession. Please see page 37 of the PicoLog manual (issue 5) for how to set
up a group (please refer to the Related Documents section).

In the Recorder view you can choose which of the groups you display by selecting
Settings, Monitor and then, in the Select Parameters dialog, select the required group.
(You can leave it set to display all channels in the recorder main window.) When viewing
in Graph, select 20 or 16 channels at a time and when in Spreadsheet select just blocks
of 16.
To export all the data, click File -> Save as... and change the 'Save as type' in the 'Save file as...' dialog to 'Text files (*.txt)' or Comma separated value files (*.csv).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Weldit

Post by Weldit »

I also have an issue like this, I can export to excel with a .CSV easy enough but how do i export all required channels + My addition Calculated Parameters

So all can be viewed in an excel file ????

Reagrds

Matt

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Matt,

In the PicoLog Spreadsheet view window, click the cyan-coloured button to select all the rows, then click the 'Write to Disk' icon in that Window to export the data to text format.

The export to csv from the main window is not working so this will be reported to the Development Team. The software is under maintenance so there may/may not be a fix.

Edit: The issue has previously been raised but a fix is unlikely. If the workaround does not help, please post back or e-mail support@picotech.com and we will see if we can assist further.

Regards,