Picoscope does not communicate with ADC 42 on Thinkpad

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Jeremys
User
User

Picoscope does not communicate with ADC 42 on Thinkpad

Post by Jeremys »

I have just bought a new IBM Thinkpad R52 and installed the latest Picoscope. The display just sits at 5V when my ADC 42 is plugged into LPT1. It works fine on my old machine. Any ideas?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This error indicates that the PC cannot comunicate with the ADC42 properly. There are number of things that can cause this.

Make sure that the parallel cable, if used, is plugged into the ADC42and the PC properly. Make sure that the ADC42/parallel cable is connected to the correct port. Try using a different parallel cable to rule out a problem with this.

Make sure that PicoScope/ PicoLog is setup incorrectly, goto File|Setup|Converters in PicoScope or File|Preferences|Converer in PicoLog and check that the converter is set to ADC-42 and that the correct port is set. If you are using windows NT, 2000 or XP, try telling PicoScope/ PicoLog that the ADC42 is on a different parallel port.

Make sure that the PC was rebooted after the softare was installed.

Make sure no other drivers are trying to use the same port. Printers, scanners and zip drives are known to cause a problem.

Make sure that the port is enabled in control panel and that no power management is trying periodically to shut down the port.

Try switching your parallel port to 'output only' or 'standard' mode. You can do this by editing the bios setup when the computer starts.

If none of the above work, try using the ADC42 on another computer. If it still doesn't work, it may well be a problem with the ADC42.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Jeremys
User
User

Post by Jeremys »

>> Try switching your parallel port to 'output only' or 'standard' mode.

Switching to "output" did the trick!!

Thanks