using picoscope for dBin/out ?

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
danmcb

using picoscope for dBin/out ?

Post by danmcb »

Hi,

I picked up a picoscope (2204A) recently, I use an old Tek analogue scope for most bench work but it's a great tool for when I might miss having a DSO.

It's also useful that itcan be used as a waveform generator. Can that also be accessed from the API?

I have a requirement to plot curves of level in vs. level out on audio gear, and I am trying to figure out a way to do it without buying new hardware. I am wondering how much work it would be to program the pico to generate a certain level, and then measure the output of the cct (both in dBu).

thought I'd ask here before diving into the API and so on. My inital impression from reading the intro to the programming guide is that it might be a hard slog, but maybe more experienced hands know better.

thanks in advance.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: using picoscope for dBin/out ?

Post by Martyn »

It would be possible to output a signal at a set level on the generator, feed this into a circuit and also one of the input channels, and to additionally feed the output from the circuit into the other channel. You can even set this up to automatically sweep a sine wave at a set level. However any values that you read with the SDK will be in the time domain as voltages, and you would have to perform some FFT analysis of the time domain data to achieve a frequency plot.

This can be performed using our PicoScope 6 software by switching to spectrum mode, so may be a way for you to use the scope.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

danmcb

Re: using picoscope for dBin/out ?

Post by danmcb »

thanks Martyn.

In fact I got the job done relatively simply using the function generator and some custom hardware - a lot easier than writing software in this case.