pico.sys not found

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Ib

pico.sys not found

Post by Ib »

I have a Pico ADC11 I want to connect to my laptop. I have got a Sunix PCMCIA parallel port (I can see it as LPT2 and 3). When I try to find the ADC11 in PicoLog (Converter details) i got the following message:
"ADC11/22 driver v4.2 Pico.sys not found".
Any ideas? I found the pico.sys in the Pico directory. :( :(

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to discover the port allocation number for your PCMCIA parallel port. Then set the software to look at the associated port number.

You may need to change the port allocation by reassigning the port address. Please contact us at support@picotech.com if you would like to follow this route.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

jlulloa
User
User

PCMCIA Quatech connecting to a laptop

Post by jlulloa »

Hi,
I´ve recently purchased a PCMCIA parallel port QUATECH SPP-100 to connect the osciloscope ADC-212 to my laptop. It was unable to detect the osciloscope, the message "ADC-212 was not found" appeared after connect it. However, the card worked well when I connected a printer to it. I would like to know if it is necessary to make something else to connect it to the laptop via a PCMCIA card or if it is compatible with any PCMCIA card.

Also, I want to be able to connect it by a USB port. I would like to know what are the specifications of the USB parallel port adapter to properly connect the osciloscope.

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Jose Luis ULLOA

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

All of our parallel port units can be used via the USB port by using our USB to parallel adapter. Please note that only our adapter will work with our
products.

The Pico USB-parallel adapter retails at £50+tax

Further details can be found on our website:
http://www.picotech.com/usb_parallel_port.html

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

jlulloa
User
User

PCMCIA Quatech connecting to a laptop

Post by jlulloa »

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your answer about the USB connector. However, I still have the question about how to connect the osciloscope to the laptop via the PCMCIA card (QUATECH SPP-100). The LPT port assigned to both devices is the same, but it still doesn't recongise the osciloscope. Can you please give me some advice on how to configure it?

Thanks in advance,
Jose-Luis ULLOA

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

If the program appears to not find the unit then try selecting all the available LPT ports. Try LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 to see if any of these give readings. This is because Windows can virtualise the parallel port and it could be going by a different number.

If this doesn't help, then check and make sure that nothing else is installed to the parallel port. Printers, scanners and zip drives can all cause driver conflicts. If there is anything installed try assigning it to a different port or uninstalling it and see if this helps.

Also check the parallel port settings in the BIOS of the computer. It should be set to one of the following modes:

SPP, Normal, Output Only, Unidirectional

It should not be set to ECP, EPP or Bidirectional.

If none of this helps then please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Best Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum