Single Trigger Mode Question

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Lanom

Single Trigger Mode Question

Post by Lanom »

How do I increase the recording time to completely fill the buffer memory when operating in single trigger mode?

For example:
Channels=4
Sampling rate=5MSa/s/ch
Resolution=14bits
Scope Buffer memory=256 MSa (12+bits)

I should be able to record for 12.8 seconds.

However using PicoScope 6 in single trigger mode I am only able to get a waveform 1s long. How can I extend the recording window to 12.8 seconds?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Single Trigger Mode Question

Post by Martyn »

Tools -> Preferences -> Sampling and change the transition time to 5 s/div will allow the collection of a 20 second buffer of data to the scopes memory, or 10 seconds of data by setting the appropriate time in the tool bar.

12.8 seconds would not be possible in PicoScope 6 but would be if using the SDK
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Lanom

Post by Lanom »

If I have multiple waveform buffers then, are they collected continuously from my signal?
I.e.If i have 32 buffer waveforms( all of time period 1s) and If I join them up end to end, will I recover my original 32 second signal?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

There will be gaps between the buffers due to the re arming of the scope, the actual gap time may vary, and will be dependent upon what else the PC is doing. If you chose to use Rapid Trigger you can collect all the buffers to the scopes memory, and then download the complete set to the PC, the rearm time in this case will be much shorter and consistent.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager