LIN decoding not reliable

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
ge75el

Re: LIN decoding not reliable

Post by ge75el »

Version 6.8 is also not perfect. The frames in LinDecode6.8.png were easily identify as one header-only and one with payload. And the decoding makes one frame.
Attachments
LinDecode6.8.png

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Georg,

Unfortunately, data files saved with one version of PicoScope 6 are not backwards compatible with older versions i.e. it is not possible to open a data file saved with PicoScope 6.10 with PicoScope 6.8.

Regards,

zezephil

Post by zezephil »

Hello Hitesh,
I have receive my new toy a pico 5000 some days ago.
I have to qualify a device using LIN protocol. I see that the previous version seems to have decoding problem.
I do face also decoding issues with my tool even with version 6.10.16.2.
I guess that the tool is expecting to decode the synchro field just after the synchro break. and that polutes all the decoding.
Could you please have a look and let me know if I wrongly configure anything or if my guessing are true.
Attachments
LIN frame decoded is false. SB is 13 bits, Sychro field is decoded = FF and ID =55.<br />But the frame corresponds to the message ID 8 data 8; 0; 0; 0;
LIN frame decoded is false. SB is 13 bits, Sychro field is decoded = FF and ID =55.
But the frame corresponds to the message ID 8 data 8; 0; 0; 0;

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Please try with the Beta version 6.11 which you can download from our website, the serial decoding base code has been completely re written
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Mark_O
Advanced

Post by Mark_O »

Hitesh wrote:Unfortunately, data files saved with one version of PicoScope 6 are not backwards compatible with older versions i.e. it is not possible to open a data file saved with PicoScope 6.10 with PicoScope 6.8.
That is a bit surprising. Is it really necessary to break compatibility at the file-interface layer? How often does this occur?

When things wind up broken in a newer version, and one must fall back to an older version to restore functionality, this presents a real impediment. Considering how often this seems to have happened with PS6, it is especially unfortunate.

While data files in newer version of PS6 may not be compatible with older versions of the code, can we at least be assured that older saved data files will be readable by newer code versions?

- Mark

ge75el

Post by ge75el »

Beta version 6.11 works great!
Thank you!

zezephil

Post by zezephil »

Thanks Martyn
It seems to work perfectly even the mix Enhanced and Normal checksum frames.
The tool is much more useful like that.
Best regards